You cannot solve the worlds problems with the same consciousness that created it - Einstein

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Life in Bethel


Ian in the tundra.

A few days prior the water froze as it came out of the pipe

Our temporary home in Bethel. Notice the stilts. To the left of Ian is the water tank. There is no underground plumbing, so our water has to be delivered. You have to take quick showers or your will run out. 

 Sarah in the tundra.



7 comments:

  1. Hi Ian,
    Good to hear from you from Alaska. It does look COLD. I got the shivers as I watched those pictures :) Its going to be an adventure like never before. But I also know that the same God who takes care of me in this lot warmer place will take care of you while you both do what He has put on your hearts.
    Will be praying for the two of you.
    Ranjit

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are doing a blog to follow. I had such good intentions of calling you to meet up before you left, but time slipped away. I'm glad I get to keep up with you this way. May God bless you both on this awesome adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you two cuties! Looking good...and cold! Missed your call last night. Were you talking trying to get me to see you? Evian had the laptop (which is always online) up in her room playing a movie (she is sick). You probably would've scarred her if she had been awake. I had to laugh thinking of you on the one end saying "Hello...are you there?" Hopefully we can try to meet up tomorrow. Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well...you two make a adorable couple.I really wanted to see you before you left assuming you were leavin the week before christmas.sooo i made a bogus appointment heheheh i'm bad I know.yes yes I do miss you"sigh".Are you keeping warm?Well with Ian gone for few weeks you will need a electric blanket,earmuffs,footies and maybe a full facemask hahahahha.did your holidays go well?I am happy for you both ,talk to ya soon,
    Ann says hi and she misses you also.
    cindy johns

    ReplyDelete
  5. great taling to u...don't blow away girlie. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummm...Sarah...I think you have coyote hanging out on your head.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun pictures, Sarah...you continue to look great!!!

    ReplyDelete