First, I would like to congratulate the Lake family on their new addition. His name is Asher Ian Lake, born New Years day I believe. At the moment, I will suspend my praise for such a well-conceived name. :) Blessings to Matt, Michelle, and the entire Lake family. Thankully, I was able to see and hold the baby before we left for Alaska. To my right, is my amazing nephew Niecko.
I will be leaving this morning for our village of Aniak. It is about 90 or so miles down the river. If I had a vehicle, I could drive on what the locals call "The Ice Highway" (the Yukon River frozen over). People drive for miles to other villages on this river. Sarah's mom suggested we not take that. As I leave to Aniak to train and prepare the igloo.....unfortunately, we left the ice chisels back home. Our home may appear less than desireable. If the igloo does not take, we may request an apartment.
Sarah will remain in Bethel for about 6 more weeks. During these six weeks, she will be on call for deliveries, working in the woman's health and family medicine clinic, and next week she will attend her first ever dog sled race! She has made some wonderful Christian friends, one who will be taking us to church this morning. Also, there is a possibility of Sarah getting a few female roomates during her stay here in Bethel. I myself am happy about this. Overall, people have been very nice to us and we are enjoying our stay. We have decided we are going to start being nice to them too. :) We appreciate all your prayers and support, for it makes a recognizable diference. REALLY! To all of you who joined our blog, thank you, we love your comments........so far ;)

Enjoying the blog so far ... and from afar! What were you thinking? When Paul said to imitate him and that he knew what it was like to be cold, it didn't mean that YOU had to do the same.
ReplyDeletePraise Jehovah for His immediate showing of His presence and provisions. The Lake family will be praying that you hold the confidence you had at the beginning steadfast to the end.
By the way, how long can my comment be without becoming my own blog on your blog?
Sweet yo!!! Thanks for the updates!
ReplyDeletehey sarah, any deliveries yet? would love to hear about the work....so glad ya'll have a blog, as we are all excited to hear about life in Alaska, etc. so keep the updates coming. love and prayers for both of you......susie
ReplyDelete