Monday morning (late entry, I know) I went to work out at the hospital gym. I got there around 5:30 am (that's when they said they opened) to find a very locked YKHC building. So, a little frustrated because it was early and about -30 out, I walked over to the main hospital to find out when someone could let me in. A very pleasant security officer, Florence, informed me someone would be there at 6:00. So, I sat down and we started talking.
The next words out of her mouth were, "Have you ever heard angles humming?" No, I said, I haven't. She then proceeded to tell me the story of her cousin's death. Apparently he loved to play the harmonica, and was actually quite good. When he was dying, the family gathered around and played the harmonica to him. Another family member recorded the audio. It wasn't until they re-listened to the recording later that they heard angels humming along to the chorus.
She then played the audio for me. I am telling you, it was angels humming. No person could have been so beautiful. It gave me, and still does give me chills. When I looked up in tears, she had her eyes closed with a GIANT smile on her face.
This woman was FULL of the spirit of the Lord. Evidence that the first words out of her mouth were about angels and Christ. Someone once told me that you can tell true lovers of Jesus when in the first 1-2 minutes of meeting them they cannot help but share Him with you. We continued to talk, mostly about the goodness of God and of her faith. Her story really blessed me, especially as coming from a native. There is so much darkness here, it was beautiful to see a small but bright light shinning in the Delta.
As Christians we should not be living in the physical, but in the spiritual. The kingdom has already come! Its inside each and everyone of us if we open our hearts to receive it. Join him in living in a continual revival and rise up to take your place with him in selfless faith. His blessing are all around us, and we are bathed in continuous showers of mercy and love. So today my friends I sing: Hosanna! Hosanna in the highest! Heal my heart Lord and make it clean. Open up my eyes to the things unseen. Show me how me to love like you have loved me. Break my heart from what breaks yours, everything I am for your kingdoms cause. Help me to be the soldier of light that SEES for your glory!
-Sarah

Wonderful story Sarah! What a blessing to hear!!
ReplyDeleteGreat story! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteI'm loving reading all of your testimonials! Just an idea though, I don't always know who's writing the stories, Ian or Sarah. Maybe you could try and put your name after each entry. Just a thought. May God continue to bless you and fill you with warmth even in 30 below weather!
ReplyDelete