Merry Christmas! What a great way to start the holidays, with the arrival of my mom. She made the long journey (almost 24 hours with the layovers) to spend Christmas in Juneau. Although she just got here, she has already seen more than Ian and I have, at least more shopping stores.
| ||
| I took my mom to hike Mendenhall Glacier after work on Monday. This is the view on our way to the glacier. It was like a little winter wonderland. The large pines were covered with snow and it was just gorgeous. We just love Juneau, I believe it is one the prettiest places in Alaska. If you ask my mom, she will probably agree. I think she is already looking for real estate. |
![]() |
| Behind my mom is the glacier. You cannot make it out all that well, but when the sun hits it is is almost turquoise. We are actually walking on the lake in this picture. It is a popular place for skate skiing, snow showing, hiking, etc. I am hoping to take her out later next week for a little cross country skiing followed by glacier climbing...I TOTALLY think she has it in her! |
![]() |
| And we stumbled upon an iceberg. In the summer these float around the lake creating a canoe obstacle course. In the winter, their main purpose is to give refreshing licks (see below). |
| And no, her tongue did not get stuck. |
| This is the second art quilt that I made for my mom. For those of you who know her, she is a real cat lover. I had a lot of fun putting this together. |
![]() |
| This is my Christmas gift, a tree! I just loved this little felted tree and have big plans for it. Ian and I don't usually do gifts, so this was a real surprise from my mom. I was telling her about this artsy shop across the street from our apartment and how they had this little tree that I wanted to get. Of course, she went the very next morning and bought it for me. Its super cute! |
T
| You know how it goes with holiday pictures, someone always has to take a bad one, or two......I just wanted one good Christmas picture with Ian.....But for some reason the little princess just could not keep his eyes open. The flash was hurting them too much. So, we kept trying....... |
| And trying......... |
And trying.....
|
![]() |
| He was not all that thrilled about my attempts (and humor) at his lack of photogenicity. I think it was mostly because I was taking him away from his Christmas gift from my mom, a rare vintage book. My guy just loves his books! |
| In all, we had a very wonderful Christmas at home. I am so happy to have my mom here with us. So Merry Christmas from our family to yours! |








Merry Christmas! I'm so glad your mother is out in Alaska with you to celebrate this magical season. I'm sure the crazy cat lady loved her quilt pieces you made for her. I'll put Hachi on my list of must see movies. I love the pictures of the glacier. Absolutely breathtaking!
ReplyDelete