We have finally seen the light! And, it only took us one week of SPF 40 to be able to bear it. Thankfully, we have managed to avoid sunburns and are cheerfully soaking in the warm rays.
We are currently in Molokai, Hawaii having spent the last week in Maui. I went to a medical conference and Ian had the daunting job of being my chaperone :)
We will be staying here in Molokai until Thursday then headed back to Anchorage. Molokai is a small and quaint island (we seem to have a new found love for isolation) in-between Maui and Lan'ai. Many say that it resembles Maui 30 years ago, not very populated and very quiet. However, it does boast a famous landmark, a leper colony run by Father Damien in the 1800's. Tuesday we are hiking down a winding 3.2 mile mountain range into the valley where the colony once lived. Ian and I are both very excited to do this.
 |
| This is the view from our hotel in Maui. We really enjoyed sitting on our balcony and looking out over the ocean. |
 |
| One of the best parts about our hotel was the landscaping. As you can see from the following pictures they put a lot time and money creating a tropical atmosphere. |
 |
| They even had 6 live pink flamingos..I am still not sure how I feel about this...... to call PETA or not? In the beginning I was convinced that they were chained in place (thanks to Ian) as they never changed location, but after much worry and observation, I finally saw them move. Whew! |
 |
| As usual, Ian is most happy in the shade with a good book. Here he is waiting for our ferry to Molokai in the Banyon Tree Park. |
 |
| On our ferry to Molokai. |
 |
| Our condo in Molokai. |
 |
| The condo complex in Molokai. |
 |
| View from pool. |
After much anticipation, tomorrow I am going scuba diving along the Molokai reef, yeah! Hopefully I will be able to get some pictures and post part 2 of our vacation. Ian is looking forward to finishing his 3rd book and continuing to develop his inner self :)
Blessings to all
-Sarah
What a drastic change, Alaska to Hawaii! I saw your mom and Yeti out tonight. They stopped by to see the girls in their Halloween costumes. She told me you were in Hawaii. How fun. I'm glad you guys got to get away for a bit. Speaking of flamingos, that's what Mia was for Halloween. I'll eventually get to putting photos on my blog for you to see. Much love to you both and may God's blessings continue to flow.
ReplyDeletewow, looking at your hawaii pics i realize how much i miss ya'll! mom and dad stopped in for a night on their way back from gatlinburg and she showed us her pics from her trip to alaska, it was great for jason and i to see where you live, aniak, etc. sorry, i don't write on here more often.....i usually check your blog when i'm at work and plan to write something but then something crazy happens like a baby being born:) we must skype soon would love to sit and chat. the girls had a great time with halloween tonight i will email you some pictures soon. love and blessings to you both........susie
ReplyDelete