You cannot solve the worlds problems with the same consciousness that created it - Einstein

Monday, April 22, 2013

It's been a while since I have updated the blog. March and April have been very busy, both with physical travel and in spiritual journey. 

Easter morning Ian and I exchanged Easter eggs for a forest of pine cones. We went on a 12 mile bike and a 5 mile hike on the Thane Trail. The serpentine trail winds around the coast and lets out on a peak over looking the ocean. We stopped on the scenic route for snacks and of course a Thermos of tea, taking in the beauty of our sunny journey.  


Throughout the hike, waterfalls were in an abundance. It still amazes me how beautiful Juneau is. No where else (maybe Hawaii, but not as common) have I seen waterfalls just appear for miles of road or frequently around bends nestled in the woods. 

There is something about experiencing the wonder of creation that is so refreshing. I have come to realize that watching TV inside a carpeted room cannot fill me with the joy and peace that a day spent amongst the divine life existing outside my window can.  For me, being there brings me closer to the omnipresent love source creating it all. 


I just can't help believe that there is no separation from the spark inside us and the life force around us, both so handsomely created by the same hands. 


Which leads me to our cruise.......Coming off so many meaningful experiences here with nature, one would think that a mega cruise would not be our first  choice for vacation, right?

For medical licencing I have to obtain a certain number of  CME (continuing medical education) units every year. Generously my employer gives me a stipend to fulfill these. So earlier this year I found a Neurology cruise that went to the Caribbean: St. Thomas, St. Martin, and the Bahamas.


Sounds wonderful, right? Paid vacation to the Caribbean...not so much. What we did not realize is that the ship, The Oasis of the Sea,  was the largest cruise ship in the world.  It carried a whopping 6,000 passengers and 2,000 staff. Not quite the vacation that small town rural Alaskan folk like us generally gravitate to.

And, it is extremely wasteful. Once we paid for the trip we did a little investigating and were shocked at how much cruise ships waste and litter. Dumping raw sewage into the ocean is not a way I like to support our whales.


So, we only took two or three pictures (above is Ian learning how to surf) and spent the rest of the time trying to figure out how we were going to find more innovative ways to lessen our carbon footprint. For one, not go on anymore cruises!


Yes, I am covered in paint. Yesterday I did a 5K trail fun run called Raining Colors with my friend, Naomi. It was great! Not only was it gorgeous out: sunny, warm and on a beautiful trail, but as you ran people splashed you with color.


Afterward everyone got in a large circle and threw a handful of colored powder into the air. Despite still having permanent ink stains on most of my body and clothing, it was so much fun!


And of course, on April 18 Ian celebrated his 35 Birthday and on March 14, were celebrated our 3 year anniversary. In the little time we have been married we have done so much. I am most thankful for the progress we have made spiritually and for our increased awareness about the environment. I accredit most of this to Ian and his endless hours of reading books. I still laugh at the mini library of Congress that we have residing in our home.

I really can say that my journey with him has been blessed. Love you E!


May your thoughts be pure and your love passionate for the things that bring forth life
-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment